Happy Sunday! It’s such a beautiful morning… the sun is shining ever so brightly. Since it’s so bright & sunny, I decided to bake a bright & citrusy strawberry lemon cake:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup slightly chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease loaf pan.
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine next 4 ingredients in another bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
- Pour batter into pan and top with strawberries.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until done.
This cake is amazing… so soft & tender inside. The juicy strawberries softened during baking and gave the cake extra moisture. The sweet berries complemented the slight tartness of the lemon, making the flavor bright & citrusy. It’s utter perfection, if i may say so myself!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and happy baking! 🙂