Happy Saturday! So the fridge saga continues. After having it repaired last Friday, I stocked up on ice-cream over the weekend. Thursday morning I woke up to find the fridge has died again. The casualties this time were two cartons of Dreyer’s slow-churned ice-cream as well as a box of ice-cream sandwiches. 😦
I was so upset! Had the repair guy come fix it again and now it’s working. I think i’m gonna hold up on stocking up on ice-cream until i’m absolutely certain the fridge will not die on me again. I can’t bear to lose any more yummy ice-cream!
In lieu of ice-cream, i decided to make a no-bake dessert: peanut butter cheesecake bars!
- 1 1/2 cup crushed peanut butter cookies, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 8 oz cool whip, thawed
- chocolate syrup for drizzling
- Line 7×7-inch pan with foil.
- Mix 1 cup crushed cookies with melted butter. Press into bottom of pan.
- Beat cream cheese with peanut butter until smooth. Fold in cool whip until combined. Pour batter into pan and spread evenly.
- Top with remaining crushed cookies and drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired.
- Chill in fridge for couple hours until cheesecake has set. Cut into bars and enjoy!
If you’re a peanut butter & chocolate lover like me, you’ll definitely enjoy these cheesecake bars: the slight saltiness of the PB complements perfectly the tanginess of the cream cheese and the sweetness of the chocolate syrup. The crunchiness of the cookie bits gives textural contrast to the creamy cheesecake. This is super yummy!
Perfect chilled dessert for a hot summer day. Almost could be a replacement for ice-cream! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and happy baking! 🙂