Happy Saturday! Fall is finally upon us… We got a taste of fall couple days ago when temps fell into the 70’s. Of course, this being Texas, weather is always a roller-coaster ride. Today we’re gonna hit the 90’s again, but hopefully this will be the last 90 degree day until next year.
So in anticipation of cooler weather, i decided to make some snowball cookies this morning. Snowball cookies, aka Russian tea cakes, aka Mexican wedding cookies, are buttery round cookies coated liberally in powdered sugar, looking like snowballs. They are popular around winter time, make great x’mas cookies.
I decided to stuff my cookies with gummy bears, but you can just make them plain (un-stuffed) of stuff them with any type of candy you fancy!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- gummy bears or any candy (optional)
- powdered sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine first four ingredients in bowl. Beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Stuff a candy into each ball can cover completely.
- Place 1 inch apart onto cookie sheet. Bake 12-18 minutes until lightly browned.
- Roll in powdered sugar while still warm and again when cool.
These cookies are soft & crumbly on the outside, warm & gooey inside. The gummies melted inside the cookies and became like a fruit-flavored jam. Gave the cookies an extra gooey texture and extra boost of fruity flavor.
These cookies are so versatile, you can change the flavors as you wish. Being the chocoholic that i am, stay tuned for a chocolate-flavored version of these yummy cookies before long!
Enjoy your weekend, and happy baking! 🙂