Happy Tuesday! Today i’m craving cupcakes; chocolate cupcakes, of course. And when the craving strikes, there’s only one thing to do: get baking!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together remaining 4 ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix well to combine.
- Fill 6 lined cupcake wells just over half full (1/4 cup of batter).
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
These chocolate cupcakes are extremely moist, with a light & fluffy crumb. The cocoa powder gives them such an incredibly rich, deeply chocolatey flavor, almost like a brownie.
They will pair well with just about any kind of frosting you can imagine, and i opted for a simple chocolate ganache with some mini chocolate chips. I actually stuffed these cupcakes with bite-sized snickers just because you can never have too much chocolate!
Chocolate craving satisfied, for now. Have a great week y’all, and happy baking!