Recently i came across a recipe for a Swedish chocolate cake called ‘Kladdkaka‘. Besides an interesting-sounding name, the cake itself intrigued me because it’s a dense sticky chocolate cake similar to a brownie with a soft and gooey center.
I have a weakness for anything chocolate and gooey so i had to bake this:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted & cooled
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line bottom of 8-inch springform pan with parchment then lightly grease paper.
- Add cocoa, sugar, flour, vanilla and salt to melted butter and stir slightly. Add eggs and whisk everything together until well combined.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake 20 minutes until top is set but center is still gooey.
- Let cake cool in pan then turn cake out onto plate and dust generously with powdered sugar.
Well, this cake came out resembling an extremely flat brownie (or giant pancake)! I over-baked it so the center is completely set and not gooey 😦
Nonetheless, the cake still tastes yummy! It’s like a dense fudgy brownie which i really enjoy. Next time i’ll just have to bake it much less.
Y’all have a great week, and happy baking!